Finally, I have been itching to go back to writing. In case you guys don’t know yet, I have decided to transfer from Tumblr to WordPress. It was a good 5 years but we all have to move on right? 🙂 Anyway, starting my first official entry with this very late monthly favorite post.
Ever since I have discovered Kathleenlights‘ youtube channel, lately everything has been about make-up and beauty products. FYI, I am not a beauty/make-up blogger (or that I am trying to be); it’s just that I find this weird joy whenever I am around make-up or given an opportunity to tinker on my face. So I am sharing my favorite finds this month:
1) Purederm Argan Oil Facial Wipes– I found out about this product while reading Krisha‘s page. I have been looking for facial wipes that will work great on my skin and remove all the gunk on my face after a long day at work. I admit that there are times that I forget to wash my face before I go to bed (Yes, eewww because all those dirt and chemical will do nothing but damage my face). So, I am really happy to have found this product because it did great wonders — such as gently removing all my make-up especially those stubborn maskara on my eyes. I also love how it leaves my skin with that refreshing and cool residue. My other concern is that – most facial wipes tend to dry up once you opened them but this one remained well hydrated. Available at selected Watsons and Drugstores nationwide, Php 128.
2) Etude House’s Zero Sebum All Day Matte Gel – I have learned that research is one of the key ingredients in getting a product that will work best for your skin. It is important to know your skin type because most products cater to a specific type and you might want to consider that before buying beauty products. I recently found out that I belong to the Oily to Combination skin type. I share the same sentiments and frustrations especially on my T-Zone because of our tropical weather. So I decided to get myself a primer that will help with the oiliness of my skin. I’ve read a lot of reviews about this product and I am so happy that it is now available in our country. This has been doing great wonders and true to it’s claim of providing that matte finish on your face. I love that it doesn’t smell and is not sticky when you put on your face (especially that it is silicon get based). I have been noticing that it helps prolong my BB Cream on my face and that I can end my day without feeling all oily. Available at Etude House nationwide, Php 698.
3) Etude House’s Precious Mineral BB Cream Cotton Fit – I have been using the wrong BB cream for a year now and decided to change to a more oily-face friendly BB Cream. The difference with the previous one and this one showed promising results. I also have to consider that I am using a primer before applying the cream so the duo have been helping my face look more healthy and vibrant. I love this BB Cream because it’s very gentle on your face. With the harmful effects of the sun nowadays; another great thing about this product is it comes with SPF 30 PA++. Available at Etude House nationwide, Php 848.
4) Elf Studio’s Stipple Brush – This is my first official make-up brush (aside from the one that I use with my Naked Palette). I am pretty much happy with my first purchase. I use this with everything I have and surprisingly it works with all of them. I use it for my BB Cream, powder and blush. The brush for me is really smooth. Available at selected Watsons and Drugstores nationwide, Php 249.75.
5) Etude House’s Drawing Eyebrow – 80% of my make-up time is focus on perfecting my eyebrows then the rest can squeeze in the 20%. It took me a lot of wrong turns before I found an eyebrow make up that works well for me. My previous one was an okay product but because I have an oily face, it didn’t stay on my face that long so I end my day with only half of my eyebrow (eeek!) hahahaha. So I decided to give this one a try since I have been reading a lot of good reviews and true enough, so far this product really works for me and it’s really affordable. Available at Etude House nationwide, Php 148.
6) Etude House’s Styling Eyeliner – This is my least favorite from the bunch mainly because towards the end of the day, my eyeliner becomes a little smudgy that I need to clean or retouch a bit. But upon applying, it gives you that Kylie Jenner effect on your eyes. Available at Etude House nationwide, Php 148.
7) Evian Facial Spray Mist – This comes very handy because I commute going to and from work. This helps moisturise and refresh my face after I survive that dreadful MRT ride. Or maybe I just like spraying Evian water on my face for lulz. Available at Watsons and drugstores nationwide, Php 199.
Hope you enjoyed reading this little list of mine. Really looking forward to writing more mini reviews and favorites. I am so happy to be here, to finally be writing. Drop me a comment and let me know if you have any happy purchases this month, would love to hear from you guys! 🙂